CONGRATULATIONS to the Clear Brook Indoor Drumline and the Clear Brook Winterguard for their fantastic finishes at the 2016 TCGC State Championships this weekend at Texas A&M University!
The Indoor Drumline, directed by Mr. Norris, brought home the gold medal with their 1st place score of 91.075 – the drumline went undefeated in 2016 and brought home their second championship in two years. Mr. Norris was also recognized and inducted into the TCGC Hall-of-Fame - he was the first percussionist ever to be inducted. Congratulations Mr. Norris!
The Clear Brook Winterguard, directed by Mr. Rodriguez, hit a major milestone on Saturday! After advancing to the finals portion of the contest, the Winterguard finished in 11th-place with a score of 81.42! They competed against 45 other Texas Winterguard groups in prelims, and again against 14 of the best at finals! The Winterguard competed well all season, finishing in the top 3 at all of their other contests.
Congratulations again to ALL students on a job well done! Thank you parents, volunteers, and students for your continued support this season with both groups – we could not have done it without you!
UIL Solo & Ensemble and TCGC/WGI Contests
The Clear Brook Band had another fantastic weekend of competition! After sending a record number of students to compete at UIL Solo and Ensemble, our students received over 80 1st division ratings The Indoor Drumline placed 1st with their show, "The Descent" - receiving a top score of 83.29 in the first TCGC percussion show of the season! And the Winter Guard placed 1st in their class at the WGI Houston Regional, receiving a top score of 79.45!! We are so proud of ALL of our students for their tremendous accomplishments this past weekend - the Clear Brook Band is the place to be! Thank you parents and community for helping inspire and push our students to success!
First TCGC of the Season
On Saturday, January 30th the Clear Brook HS Winter Guard competed at their first TCGC show of the season at Morton Ranch High School in Katy. The Winter Guard finished with the highest score of the day, 89.39, and took home 1st place in their division (Scholastic Regional A Red)! Congratulations Winter Guard students! They compete again this coming Saturday at the WGI Houston Regional contest in Missouri City. Good luck Winter Guard!
Area Region Band
On Saturday, January 9th, the Clear Brook Band sent five students to compete at the Area Region Band contest. CONGRATULATIONS to Freshman Alyssa Estrella (clarinet) for placing 3rd overall in the Area, and Senior Joey Kastelic (clarinet) for placing 7th overall in the Area! Seniors Corwin Sprunger (clarinet), Hannah VanEgmond (clarinet), and Zach Williams (horn) also did extremely well and placed towards the top of their rooms! Because of their high placement at this contest, both Alyssa and Joey advanced to the All-State contest in San Antonio, TX. They will have the privilege of performing with one of the Texas All-State bands on Saturday, February 13th at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. Advancing to All-State is THE most prestigious honor for any high school musicians in Texas. Congratulations Alyssa and Joey!
HS Region Band Auditions
The Clear Brook Band had another successful year of Region Band auditions! This year 24 students made Region Band and an additional 3 made District Band. Please congratulate the following students for making Region or District Band:
- Kristina Priotto, Flute - Symphonic Winds
- Jessica Hawkins, Flute - Symphonic Winds
- Angela Nguyen, Flute - Symphonic Winds
- Grace Skaggs, Oboe - Wind Ensemble
- James Tichy, Oboe - Wind Ensemble
- Alyssa Estrella, Clarinet - Wind Ensemble (advanced to Area Auditions)
- Joey Kastelic, Clarinet - Wind Ensemble (advanced to Area Auditions)
- Corwin Sprunger, Clarinet - Wind Ensemble (advanced to Area Auditions)
- Hannah VanEgmond, Clarinet - Wind Ensemble (advanced to Area Auditions)
- Tommy McPhee, Clarinet - Wind Symphony
- Fizza Dhanani, Clarinet - Wind Symphony
- Sarah Bertram, Clarinet - Wind Symphony
- Wyatt Miles, Clarinet - Symphonic Winds
- Katy Pyle, Clarinet - District Band
- Monica Cavazos, Bassoon - Symphonic Winds
- Anthony Cianchetti, Alto Saxophone - Wind Symphony
- Andy Abernathy, Trumpet - Symphonic Winds
- Josh Neubauer, Trumpet - District Band
- Zach Williams, French Horn - Wind Ensemble (advanced to Area Auditions)
- Kaitlyn Jayne, French Horn - Wind Symphony
- Sam Biskynis, French Horn - Wind Symphony
- Holly Frank, Trombone - Symphonic Winds
- Adam Estrella, Trombone - Symphonic Winds
- Richard Stokley, Tuba - District Band
- Cormac Cupples, Percussion - Wind Symphony
- David Pugh, Percussion - Wind Symphony
- Thomas Ku, Percussion - Symphonic Winds
Congratulations again to all of the students who made Region Band - it is a tremendous accomplishment!
Region 17 Band Auditions
On Monday, November 16th, twenty-five band students competed at the Region 17 Orchestra Wind Auditions. Congratulations to the following four band students for making the Region 17 Full Orchestra!
- Senior Grace Skaggs (4th chair Oboe)
- Freshman Alyssa Estrella (2nd chair Clarinet)
- Senior Joey Kastelic (4th chair Clarinet)
- Senior Zachary Williams (4th chair French Horn)
On Tuesday, November 17th, nineteen freshman band students competed at the 9th Grade Region 17 Auditions at Alvin HS. Congratulations to the following 11 band students for making 9th Grade Region!
- Kristina Priotto (1st chair Flute)
- Christa Westheimer (6th chair Flute)
- Jessica Hawkins (8th chair Flute)
- Dinithi Jayasinghe (9th chair Flute)
- Alyssa Estrella (1st chair Clarinet)
- Fizza Dhanani (3rd chair Clarinet)
- Jared Shamburger (1st chair Bari Sax)
- Nathan Wagner (7th chair Trumpet)
- Thomas Sommer (5th chair Euphonium)
- Richard Stokley (5th chair Tuba)
- Claire Romero (6th chair Percussion)